Our high level process of executing a digital marketing campaign includes the following 6 steps: Assess, Plan, Build, Drive, Optimize, and Grow.
In the Assess Stage, we will assess your current digital marketing performance to establish a benchmark and get an understanding of KPI’s such as:
- Monthly Website Visits
- Visit-to-Lead Conversion/Sale Percentage
- Lead-to-Opportunity Conversion Percentage
- Opportunity-to-Customer Conversion Percentage
- Average Initial Order Value (IOV)
- Average Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Cost of Customer Acquisition (COCA)
- Number of Customers You're Currently Generating from Digital Efforts
- Number of Customers You Need to Generate to Achieve Growth Objectives
Additionally, you'll want to answer the following questions:
- What is our company and marketing department trying to accomplish in the next 12-24 months?
- What important milestones do we have to hit to meet our goals?
- What are we currently struggling with?
- What specific problems do we solve better than anyone else?
- Which target audiences care most about those problems?
- In looking at our metrics, where is our growth bottleneck?
- Is our digital platform (website, social, automation, etc.) ready to support our digital marketing efforts and, if not, what's lacking?
Now that there is a baseline understanding of your current digital marketing performance, we'll move into the Plan Stage where we will collaborate on, research, and define the following:
- Discovery — a deeper dive into your brand's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, competitors, etc.
- Targeting Strategy — the top buyer personas you're after and where to reach them online.
- Overarching Content Strategy — the overarching content funnel needed to engage your targeted buyer personas so they naturally move from one relationship level to the next.
- Traffic Strategy — where and how we'll distribute content (through organic and paid methods) to make sure that your content is optimally placed in front of your targeted buyer personas.
- Lead Generation Strategy — specific premium content and resources needed to convert buyer personas into leads in your database.
- Lead Nurturing and Marketing Automation Strategy — the specific content and automation needed to nurture leads into opportunities/sales.
- Measurement & Reporting Protocol — define the metrics that matter, how we're going to measure those metrics, and how we're going to report on those metrics.
- Technology Requirements — define the technologies needed to empower the strategies defined above.
- Logistics — define which team (client vs. agency) is responsible for what, follow-up action items, setting regular meeting rhythms, etc.
In the Build Stage, we'll build the foundation needed to empower your digital marketing program. This includes:
- Landing Page Templates
- Email Templates
- Digital Marketing Dashboard
- Marketing Automation Funnel
- Lead Generation Offers
- Website Optimization
- Ad Platforms
NOTE: The Assess, Plan, and Build stages will only need to be executed once. These stages have a finite "project" period of 45-60 days. Once complete, we'll move into a monthly "service" period that includes the Drive, Optimize, and Grow stages below.
In the Drive Phase, based on your growth objectives, resources, and budget, we'll drive visits and engagement using some or all of the following methods:
- Email Newsletters/Blasts
- Paid Traffic
- Online PR/Social Media
These methods are listed in priority order with the top methods driving visits and engagement much faster than the bottom methods.
Hand-in-hand with the Drive activities, we'll Optimize your digital marketing program for maximum performance which includes:
- Reporting & Coaching
- Lead Generation Offer Optimization (CTAs, Landing/Thank You Pages)
- Ad Performance Optimization
- CRO (conversion rate optimization)
Once your program is up-and-running, we'll strategize additional content and offers to engage existing and/or new buyer personas which includes:
- Consulting on Program Growth
- Targeted Lead Generation Offers and Related Assets
- Content and Features to Support Buyers’ Journeys